ManpowerGroup® (NYSE: MAN), the leading global workforce solutions company, helps organizations transform in a fast-changing world of work by sourcing, assessing, developing and managing the talent that enables them to win. We develop innovative solutions for hundreds of thousands of organizations every year, providing them with skilled talent while finding meaningful, sustainable employment for millions of people across a wide range of industries and skills. Our expert family of brands – Manpower®, Experis®, Right Management® and ManpowerGroup® Solutions – creates substantially more value for candidates and clients across 80 countries and territories and has done so for 70 years. In 2019, ManpowerGroup was named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the tenth year and one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies for the sixteenth year, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry.
ManpowerGroup is seeking to hire a People and Culture Director which is a senior role that contributes significantly to the People & Culture aspect of our business operations in Belgium and Luxembourg.
People & Culture:
Being in a people-based business, ManpowerGroup understands the critical importance of attracting, nurturing and retaining top talent. Our people are the foundation for the Company’s success and reputation. The People & Culture function therefore plays a direct and critical role in delivering business growth and brand reputation.
The role will align HR practices with the business objectives, act as a business partner to the business leaders and act as an employee champion and change agent, while anticipating HR needs for the business. The role requires working actively with the business to ensure the business has the right people capabilities in line with external environment and client demands. The role requires a proactive approach to determine capability gaps and develop appropriate programs for upskilling, knowledge building and training of our people.
The P&C Leader BeLux will partner with the Director People and Culture Northern Europe to drive the talent strategy and will work alongside the country manager and brand business leaders to design and implement solid performance evaluation systems, incentive programs and other actions required to drive people engagement.
The P&C Director Belux will report to the Managing Director BeLux and be part of the BeLux Management Team
- Drive the implementation of the talent strategy and priorities aligned to the objectives of ManpowerGroup’s Global and Northern Europe
- Develop and deploy a talent acquisition strategy, processes and practices for internal recruitment purpose with the objective of attracting to best talent on the market
- Develop and implement a talent development strategy, framework and programs, as well as career pathways
- Accountable for ensuring HR priorities are implemented and drive people change to meet the business needs
- Design compensation packages and incentive programs that align with the organization’s strategic plan and create rewards & recognition programs to attract and retain top talent, in collaboration with global and regional P&C team
- Develop, maintain and implement HR systems, processes, policies and infrastructure that deliver the strategic objectives of ManpowerGroup
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to senior management (e.g. coaching, counselling, career development and mapping) and build a culture of performance across the entire organisation
- Deploy the engagement strategy, conduct the annual employee engagement survey and formulate action plans on a periodic basis
- Responsible for leadership development, succession planning and development actions for key roles in the organization
- Provide guidance in matters related to HR operations / compliance to client interfacing teams
- Analyse trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies tailored to the ManpowerGroup BeLux business requirements
- Responsible for recognizing, creating and implementing plans to promote diversity within the organization
- Manage the HR Team and develop internal HR capabilities to continue to build, enhance and sustain our strong culture
- Manage social relations with Works Councils and Unions in order to maintain a social climate within the organization
- Operational Excellence: Drive productivity and efficiency across business through metrics-driven performance culture. Implement strong internal controls and processes in accordance with ManpowerGroup policies and procedures.
- Strategic Planning: Develop innovative strategies to drive employee engagement and design people processes based on a solid understanding of our competitive landscape, regulatory environment, emerging business models, industry developments and opportunities for expansion across clients and markets
- Leadership & Management: Actively support the Leadership team to develop and foster an entrepreneurial, performance-driven, service-orientated and collaborative culture. Attract, build and retain a strong pool of talent while developing organization capabilities to stay competitive in a rapidly evolving external environment
- Technology: Leverage technology for efficient internal processes/controls and drive business growth in line with the fast changing external environment
- Profile & Experience
- 5 – 10 years of experience in the Human Resources function in a large MNC environment in national role, managing employee life cycle.
- Master’s degree
- Extensive knowledge of key HR disciplines, including performance and talent management, compensation and benefits, and recruitment
- Excellent knowledge of incentives and compensation methodologies, including design and administration
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead change and transformation
- Good knowledge of employee assessment, tools and ability to manage the complexities of an HR function
- Good knowledge of Belgian Social Law (a knowledge of Luxembourg Law is an asset)Proven success in leading the function: rigorous, energetic, agile and impactful
- Experience in managing social relations
- Strong people management skills
- Be a trusted advisor to our leaders
- Excellent project and stakeholder management skills
- Performance driven and analytical approach
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English (oral & written), good presentation skills.